APPLY FOR AAFSA CERTIFICATION
EXAMPLE OF AAFSA CERTIFICATION STICKER OR STAMP
Schemes of AAFSA Certification
AAFSA can certify under the following schemes:
and other schemes on a case-by-case basis.
Five simple steps for granting AAFSA certificate:
1. AAFSA certification application
2. Application evaluation
3. AAFSA certification agreement and price quote
4. On-site audit or Product audit
5. Certification decision
On-site audit process:
1. Opening meeting
2. Document review and evaluation
3. Plant inspection, step by step
4. Closing meeting
5. Audit report
6. Fee Structure
Factors taken into consideration in the calculation of AAFSA Certification fee
1. Number of AAFSA Plans
2. Number of Full Time Employees
3. Product Complexity Class
4. Product Variety
1. Registration fee for a plant: USD 1,500.00 – USD 2,000.00
2. Audit fee for a plant per man day: USD 1,000.00 – USD 1,500.00
3. Registration fee for a product: USD 350.00 – USD 750.00
Refusal to grant AAFSA certification:
AAFSA may refuse a AAFSA certification application or refuse to issue a document verifying compliance with the AAFSA requirements if:
1. In AAFSA’s reasonable opinion the client does not comply or fails to comply with the AAFSA requirements, AAFSA standards, or the law.
2. In AAFSA’s reasonable opinion the client fails to comply with any of the obligations under the AAFSA certification agreement.
Policy for suspension, withdrawal, or reduction of the AAFSA certification:
The AAFSA l certification may be suspended if:
1. The client persistently or seriously fails to meet the AAFSA certification requirements.
2. The client refuses to allow AAFSA to conduct surveillance or recertification audits.
3. The client requests suspension of the AAFSA certificate.
The AAFSA certification may be withdrawn if:
1. The client fails to meet any of the terms and conditions in the AAFSA certification agreement.
2. The client fails to resolve any suspension issues within the defined time.
3. The client requests withdrawal of the certificate.
The scope of AAFSA certification may be reduced if:
1. The client fails to resolve any suspension issues that affect only some of the AAFSA certified products within the defined time.
2. Some of the AAFSA certified products fail to meet the AAFSA requirements.
3. The client requests a reduction in scope.
Policy for maintaining, extending, and renewing the AAFSA certificate:
1. To maintain the AAFSA certificate, client must continue complying with the AAFSA requirements.
2. AAFSA may conduct surveillance audits to ensure that facility continue to meet the AAFSA requirements.
3. To extend the certification scope, client must submit a request to AAFSA. Evaluation and approval decision are required before extending any certificate.
4. If necessary, AAFSA may conduct surveillance audit before the approval decision.
5. For certification renewal, please submit a request to AAFSA email@example.com
Procedure for suspension, withdrawal, reduction, maintenance, extension, and renewal of h AAFSA certificate:
1. All issues related to suspension, withdrawal, or reduction are reviewed by the AAFSA Certification Committee of AAFSA .
2. The AAFSA Certification Committee of AAFSA is responsible for making all decisions related to AAFSA certification including granting, maintaining, renewing, extending, reducing, suspending, and withdrawing of AAFSA certification.
3. The client is notified of the AAFSA Certification Committee’s decision immediately.
4. Suspended, withdrawn, and reduced certificates become invalid starting on the notification date.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org